General Repairs and servicing
General repairs and servicing include the instrument being fully stripped down and cleaned, loose key mechanisms tightened and springs replaced as required. All instruments set-up and tested.
In our workshop we carry out following types of instrument services:
General repairs and servicing
- Basic Setup
- Nut Installation
- Machine Heads
- Acoustic Bridges and Saddles
- Custom Made Pickguards
- Pickup Installation
- Removal of old strings
- Clean and lubricate moving parts
- Fingerboard oil
- Fret polish
- Tighten all screws and nuts
- Re-string with customers choice strings
- Adjust truss rod and saddle(s) for maximum play action
- Strobe fine tune intonation adjust
Nut Installation Includes:
- Install new nut(Plastic type)
- Install new nut (Bone or composite)
- 12 String Add
- Mandolin Add
- Banjo Add
- All other stringed instruments POA
Note! Most instruments require a "Basic Setup" once a new nut has been fitted. At the time of inspection we can inform you of our recommendations.
- Tighten fitment screws and nut
- Fit single new winder, post and gear(Classical style)
- Remove press case, tighten and grease gear(Each head)
- Fit single Machine Head
- Fit complete set
- As above but includes reaming for over sized posts
- Exposed screw hole plugging
Note ! Cost of parts Not Included.
- Clean and polish.
- Re-crown. (Single fret)
- Re-crown. (All frets)
- Fix lifting fret ends.
- Requires re-rolling. (Per fret)
- Deck (Re-radius) All frets. Includes Re-crowning.
- De-bur fret ends. (All)
- Replace singular fret.(Maple)
- Replace singular fret.(Rosewood)
- Replace singular fret.(Bound neck)
- Complete re-fret. (Maple)
- Complete re-fret. (Rosewood)
- Complete re-fret. (Bound neck)
Note ! Some of the work listed above will require a "Basic Setup" and/or neck refinishing. At the time of inspection we will inform you if this is the case.
Acoustic Bridges and Saddles:
- Fix lifting bridge
- Remove old and replace with new
- Radius old saddle. (Corrects play angle)
- Shave down old saddle
- Replace all pins(Plastic type)
- Replace all pins (Graphite)
- Replace all pins(Ebony)
- Shave down bridge and bore pinholes.(Corrects play height).
Custom Made Pickguards:
- Acoustic or electric. POA
- Acoustic guitar. (Transducer only)
- Acoustic guitar. (Full pre-amp assembly)
- Electric guitar. (Single coil) X1
- Electric guitar. (Single coil) All
- Electric guitar. (Humbucker) X1
- Electric guitar. (Humbucker) Both
- New Potentiometers. (Import type)
- Add each New Potentiometers. (Fender CTS type) Add each
- 3 Way Telecaster style switch. (Dimarzio) Add
- 5 Way Stratocaster style switch. (Dimarzio) Add
- 3 Way Gibson style switch. (Import type) Add
- 3 Way Gibson style switch. (Dimarzio) Add
- Mini switch combinations. POA
- EMG or Active Pickups POA
- Switchcraft output jacks Add
- Acoustic endpin jacks. POA
- Cavity routing. POA
Note ! Pickups Not included.
- Fix endjacks. (From)
- Troubleshoot (Hourly rate)
- Amps & Guitar Fx. POA
- Microphones & Headphones(Hourly rate)
- All Re-finishing POA
- All Additional services will be quoted at an hourly rate unless otherwise stated
- All parts are additional
- Some modifications may void warranty
- All players have different needs, we endeavour to work with you to achieve your maximum playability however this may need you to bring the instrument back for fine tuning after settling has occurred
- Muso's Stuff reserves the right to change pricing at any time without notice
- Some jobs including warranty claims may have to be outsourced without notice
- Completion times may vary depending on parts availability. We try our hardest to complete jobs promptly.
Need Advice or Help?
Facebook Messenger: Musos.Stuff
Address: 115 Mitchell St, Bendigo, 3550, Victoria
eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org - Please allow up to 24 hours for a reply.